Barber Program: 1000 Clock Hours / CIP Code: 12.0402
Class Start Dates: Flexible 4 day a week schedule / no weekends
November 26, 2018
Program Disclosure Template
From the moment that you walk in you’ll realize that Panache Academy of Beauty isn’t your average Academy. Our energy of our students, staff and educators hits you immediately. Students of all ages and stages of their lives are learning in state of the art classrooms and clinic floors that enhances a students learning experience with a maximum number of students per classroom, each student has the greatest opportunity to excel.
We want to meet you, show you around and let you feel the difference our Academy can make in your life and your career goals. GET STARTED TODAY.
Our experienced instructors will ensure that you receive quality education that will encourage confidence in the art and science of beauty and help with the success of your career. Included in this education is advance training from guest speakers, guest artists, product educators, and experts in specific fields. The practical instruction and all areas where services are provided imitate the environment of a salon/spa and provide students exposure to that of working in a salon/spa.
Apply for financial aid online. Select the icon to the left to use the free application for federal student aid
Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) Code: 39-5011 Barbers, Stylist, Master Barber , Barber shop Operator
This broad occupation includes the following two detailed occupations: 39-5011 Barbers: Provide Barber services, such as cutting, trimming, shampooing, and styling hair, trimming, beards, or giving shaves.
Sample of reported job titles: Barber, Stylist, Master Barber, Barber Shop operator
For additional information related to this occupation visit O*NET. This free database offers occupation-specific descriptors, including required skills, knowledge, abilities, education, and possible wage trends for this occupation. http://www.onetonline.org
Licensed Barber career opportunities:
- Licensed Barber
- Platform Artist/Designer
- TV/Motion Picture Hairstylist & Make-up Artist
- Image Counselor
- Hair Colorist
- Resort Spa Manager
- Fashion Photography Stylist
- Fashion / Beauty Editor
- Barber Instructor
- Product Representative / Educator
- Product Representative / Educator
- Salon / Spa Owner and/or Manager
- Hair, Scalp, and Wig Specialists
- State Board Examiner, Member, or Inspector
- Product Designer/Development
Students will be trained in the basic manipulative skills of Barber including: technical skills; safety practices; professional appearance, work habits and attitudes; goal setting; communication; and job application skills. These are all necessary to obtain licensure and for competency in job entry level positions in the Barber, or a related career field.
Upon completion of the course requirements, the determined graduate will be able to:
- Project self-confidence, positive attitude, a professional appearance, pleasant personality and observe professional ethics.
- Practice effective communication skills towards clientele, employer, and co-workers.
- Perform all basic manipulative skills in the areas of hair cutting, shampooing and rinses, hair arranging (styling), hair coloring, chemical waving and relaxing, scalp and hair treatments and wigs, men’s shaving, beard and mustache shaping, trimming, men’s facial, facial massage,
- Utilize basic analytical skills to determine proper hairstyle and color application for the client’s overall image .Apply theory and practical information and related matter to assure sound judgments, decisions, and procedures.
- Successfully complete the State Board Licensure Examination to obtain license and be prepared for entry-level employment in the State of Wisconsin.
Continued Career Success: To ensure continued career success, the graduate/licensed practitioner will need to continue to learn new and current information related to skills, trends, and methods for career development in Barbering and related fields.